Frequently Asked Questions
Health & Safety
What can I do abroad?
- Take classes in your major or minor
- Fulfill your Designated Area of Concentration requirements
- Learn a language
- Take electives
- Do an internship or service-learning
- Challenge yourself, gain independence, and enhance your job prospects
- Make friends and create networking connections around the world
- Expand your worldview
What if I don’t know another language?
- Take language courses abroad
- Take courses taught in English
- Go to an English-speaking country
How do I decide?
- Figure out what you want to gain from the experience
- certain courses
- short-term versus longer stay abroad
- Talk with a peer advisor
- Talk with a study abroad advisor
Once I’ve decided to go, then what?
- Search for programs
- Talk to the coordinator of the program
- Talk to your academic advisor
- Apply for the program
- Apply for a passport