Started in 1905, NUS is one of the most prestigious universities in Asia and the World. It offers a global approach to education and research for more than 36,000 students. Semester and academic year study abroad programs are available.
Click link to view available modules. Please read through the available list and module restrictions. Click link for previously approved courses for NUS Click link for credit and grade equivalencies between ISU and NUS
- Singapore is considered both a city AND a country. Only 270 sq miles!
- Population ~ 5 million
- Four official languages: English, Mandarin, Malay and Tamil (English the language of instruction and is used throughout the city)
- Known as the gateway to Southeast Asia, with a multitude of cultures represented in the city including Chinese, Indian, and Malaysian influences
- Opportunities to travel within Southeast Asia to countries like Thailand and Vietnam
- Singapore is also well known for its eclectic cuisine. The city also offers gardens, festivals, sports, and shopping
There are a variety of on-campus housing options available to students. Off-campus housing is a secondary option.
"I got the opportunity to learn how to scuba dive in Malaysia, go white water rafting and bamboo rafting in Indonesia, take Thai cooking classes in Thailand, go mountain hiking in Vietnam, ride segways in Singapore, and climb ancient ruins of Angkor Wat in Cambodia." Kristen, I E