23th July 2017 - 12th August 2017
Nine Lancaster University Credits ‘Community Engagement Module’ (at Undergraduate Part II level). Will transfer back as 3-4 ISU credits.
Students will engage with areas including business knowledge, cultural understanding, social issues, political matters and overall self-development. The module will develop skills and knowledge to investigate community problems, work in groups and develop problem solving solutions to various community-related matters. Key aspects of the module are:
• Guest Lectures from Lancaster Academics
• Industry visits within the region to learn about the social and economic impact
• Team-building and Culture Awareness Sessions
• Learning about work culture in the UK
• Learning about British politics and social change
• Entrepreneurial skills development
• Student reflection and presentation
• Leadership and team work including collaboration with others to accomplish a common goal.
100% Coursework including student self-reflections and associated group work presentation.
• Arrive to Lancaster: Sunday 23th July 2017
• Depart Lancaster: Saturday 12th August 2017
• Application deadline: 26th May 2017
Program Fee Includes:
• Accommodation in Campus in University Halls and two nights’ accommodation in London
• Three meals a day when based on campus
• Group pick-up for airport transfers
• All scheduled program activities and excursions.
• Certificate of participation
• Academic 9 Credit transcript (subject to meeting the academic requirements of
• Total Fee: £2,125
Once you have completed the ISUAbroad application and been nominated by the Study Abroad Center, you will be directed to Lancaster's on-line application. You will need to complete this application and submit it to Lancaster in order to be offered a place on the program.
Your Summer at Lancaster University - 2017