2 or 4 week summer programs at
Multiple Programs (all taught in English) to choose from - please note program dates, since some overlap with the ISU fall semester:AUTOMOTIVE AND MOBILITY STUDIES
RWTH Aachen University!
In this program students will receive an introduction to the available alternatives to combustion engines, with a look at concepts of future vehicle power trains, including structures of alternative power trains. (4 weeks; June 12, 2017 to July 7, 2017)
MECHATRONIC SYSTEMS ENGINEERING AND PRODUCT INNOVATION
In this program students are introduced to the aspects of mechanical engineering to create and engineer cutting-edge innovative products.
(2 weeks; July 3, 2017 to July 14, 2017
AUTOMATION AND SIMULATION
In this program students will be introduced to cutting edge computer technology and methods used in mechanical engineering.
(3 weeks, July 10, 2017 to July 28, 2017
ROBOTICS FOR FUTURE INDUSTRIAL APPLICATIONS
In this program students receive an introduction to the engineering, controlling, and programming of robots.
(3 weeks, August 7, 2017 to August 25, 2017, overlaps with first week of classes at ISU
PRODUCTION TECHNOLOGY MEETS INDUSTRY 4.0
In this program students receive an introduction to new production technologies in connection with Industry 4.0.
(3 weeks; Dates TBD possibly ~August 8 to ~August 26)
All Programs Include:
- 1-2 transfer credits - check with your adviser to see whether they can be used as a technical elective
- German Language and Culture
Through the university’s “BeBuddy” program, international students have the chance to immerse themselves in the vibrant student community at RWTH Aachen University. Participants will get to know Aachen from a true student’s perspective: They learn more about academic and cultural practices in Germany with the support of their German “Buddy” who is typically a student enrolled at the RWTH Aachen University and can so offer first-hand experiences in and around the campus, painting an authentic picture of university life.
- Social Events - Have fun while studying!
The RWTH International Academy offers an extensive support program next to the academic courses in which participants meet like-minded people from around the world. All students from our different summer school programs are invited to take part in sporting or dancing events, cooking nights and social opportunities with students from various international Master’s programs. There is a wide offer of intercultural activities and excursions in and around Aachen – enjoy your stay!
Being in the heart of Europe, summer school students will also have the opportunity to explore Aachen’s surrounding area – be it other German cities close-by such as the former German capital Bonn, Düsseldorf and Cologne or the European diversity in cities like Paris, Brussels and Amsterdam.
RWTH Aachen University (Facts & Figures)
- One of Germany's top engineering universities, and internationally ranked highly
- Founding member of the IDEA League, an alliance of leading European technological universities
- Approximately 43,000 students (around 8,000 of whom are international) and 530 professors
- Located in Western Germany, on the border of Belgium and the Netherlands
- Population of around 240,000
- Home of Aachen Cathedral, a 1,000 year old cathedral, considered a UNESCO World Heritage Site
- Possibilities for travel to other European cities and outdoor adventures
Schedule an appointment
in Engineering International Programs or Dr. Cademartiri (firstname.lastname@example.org
) to learn more!