Programs : Brochure
- Locations: Uxbridge, United Kingdom
- Program Terms: Summer
- Restrictions: Iowa State applicants only
- Budget Sheets: Summer
Summer Study in London
* Mat E 392 substitutes for Mat E 215 for Mat E majors *or* Mat E 273, which is required for AeroE, IE, ME, AgE (PME option) and can be used as a tech elective for all other engineering disciplines.
· Six-week stay on the campus of Brunel University, Uxbridge, on the outskirts of London (40 minute subway ride to Big Ben and Parliament!), satisfies International Perspectives requirement!
· Housing provided in on-campus flats containing individual bedrooms and shared facilities (including kitchen!)
· 3 credits apply to a Materials Science class that covers the same material as the basic materials class Mat E 273, and satisfies the Mat E 215 requirement for Mat E majors!
· 3 credits apply to a class on Women's Roles in Industry (satisfies the U.S. Diversity requirement!)
· Tours of industry and cultural/historical sites related to the classes.
If interested, you must register for the preparation class, Mat E 391, for spring 2016